Much going on – explaining break
So it has now been 12 days since I last posted. This extended break is not consistent with the fact that I published 8 posts the first 5 days of this blog. However, it was not unexpected.
The plan here is to post when I have something to say. I will have moments where I have much to say. While at other times, I will have little motivation to put thought to the proverbial paper. I do not want to tie myself to some sort of posting schedule.
Before I go any further in this post, humor me in playing the following video in the background as you read. Oh, and turn it up to the loudest level you can while still bearable in your current setting…..
Letting myself go 12 days without a post is something I may have beat myself up over in the past. In the past, I would have told myself to be consistent with my blog posts. It is probably one of the most important things I can do while I try to gain a steady flow of readers.
This is flawed thinking in my opinion. The main thing is that I stay on course. Nobody is perfect and I sure as hell am not giving up. This blog isn’t for the reader (sorry). It is for me to get my shit together. If things work out as I hope, it will be a great resource for others to see the struggle of some random dude manifesting change in his life.
If done according to plan, I expect to average about 3-5 posts a week. This could mean 10 posts one week followed by a couple weeks with no posts at all.
So what have I been up to these last couple of weeks? It may be best to whip out a short list:
- Still struggling with quitting smokeless tobacco. I am beginning to believe that a better avenue would be to slowly reduce my intake instead of trying to quit cold turkey.
- I have been in multiple discussions with a couple franchises that I am looking into possibly purchasing. Including the research that goes into this process, this has taken over the majority of my focus.
- The end of the school year can always become a little hectic. With two children in elementary school and a teacher for a wife, this was to be expected as school is officially out for summer as of last week.
- Following the news. A big time suck.
- Struggling to get on a more defined sleep schedule.
I believe all of the above has already been mentioned to some degree over the course of the first posts at this blog. Except for maybe the whole sleep schedule thing. That is for a separate post all to itself sometime in the near future.
I just wanted to give a quick update after I updated my daily alarm settings as I attempt to plan ahead. While making that change, I utilized a new tone to wake up to. A song from my phone’s library: Cornfield Chase. A song by the brilliant Hans Zimmer from his work on the Interstellar soundtrack.
Assuming it hasn’t ended yet, it is the same song you are listening to right now if you did start the video when prompted. The song represents a call to action for me. It provides a sense of urgency. It is optimistic in tone that there is light at the end of the tunnel. But it will require work to reach the end goal.
So what is stopping you? Get going!